This Mexican feast will satisfy your craving for Mexican food. You can prepare these easy, nutritious recipes at the drop of a sombrero.
With winter’s chill just around the corner, visions of heartier, richer dinners that can nourish us through the cold may be on our minds. If you’re not yet prepared to throw in the towel on the vibrant cooking of warmer months, you don’t have to, thanks to these zesty Mexican dishes.
Before the season of soups and stews takes over, give summer one last hurrah by travelling south of the border in the comfort of your own kitchen—even if you do have to sport your warmest knit sweater to prepare this Mexican feast.
Make it meatless
Substitute the chicken and salmon in these recipes with sautéed mushrooms, tofu, crumbled tempeh, or beans for a similar meaty texture. Vibrant Mexican spices and a squeeze of lime can be added to plant-based proteins to combat any blandness.
Many Mexican recipes are highly adaptable, allowing you to mix and match to suit a dietary preference or craving. Cheeses can be replaced with creamy avocado, tempeh can stand in for ground beef, and gluten-free corn or brown rice tortillas work just as well as wheat-based versions.
- Cornmeal Tofu \”Fish\” Tacos with Mango Red onion Relish
- Southwest Black Rice and Chicken Burritos with Butternut Squash
- Sweet Potato, White Bean, and Smoked Cheddar Enchiladas with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Charred Corn, Salmon, and Yogurt Quesadillas with Chimichurri
- Spiced Mexican Chocolate Flan with Almond Milk